Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 5

    Road Trip to San José del Cabo

    18 gennaio, Messico ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We started the day with coffee in the hot tub. It was such a great way to start this day! We followed it up with a nice breakfast on our patio! And ... guess what?? It's Thursday ... which means that it's 'Art Walk' day in San José! We were eager to take a road trip to the old city!

    Apparently, it is more sleepy in energy than Cabo San Lucas but far richer in artistic merit! Sis had suggested we take the local bus out and then take an Uber home! We were 'all in' for the local experience of riding the bus ... we just had to figure out where the bus stop was! I put out a message to our concierge for help! They responded immediately ... and due to the exceptional location ... we realized that the bus stop was just steps away!

    The old boy confirmed we were boarding the 'right' bus with a lovely woman who instructed the driver to alert us when it was our stop. For some unknown reason, my anxious mind didn't quite trust the driver. And, it was not because he drove like Mario Andretti 😬 ... I'm not sure why ... I just had a sixth sense about it.

    Thankfully, a couple of women from California also boarded the bus and they knew where to get off ... so ... I asked if we could tag along! Margaret and Kerrington were lovely. Margaret thought we should be getting off sooner but the bus driver said "no".

    Guess what? Margaret was right!! The bus driver dropped us at the wrong spot. It didn't take long before Margaret had ordered an Uber for all of us! They wouldn't split the $5 USD fare with us so we bought them coffee once we arrived at our destination.

    Honestly ... there are just so many good, decent, kind souls in the world. It can be so easy to forget sometimes ... but ... travelling ensures one gets oodles of reminders! Yes ... there are always few scoundrels here and there! They live everywhere ... but ... there are far more beautiful souls out there!! It's so comforting to have this affirmed over and over again! 👏👏👏

    A young fellow looking to earn some coins offered to take our photo in font of the San Juan del Cabo signage! He was hilarious and got us chuckling by laying on his back to get just the right angle! Did he get a good tip?? You betcha! ❤️

    And then we figured we should fill our bellies before we started meandering around town! Once again ... on the fabulous recommendation of Sis ... we enjoyed an incredible meal at "Jazmin's".

    It was so fascinating that they lit up some herbs in a metal pot and placed it near our table! They said it kept the flies away. I could understand why ... it smelt awful at first. Thank goodness for 'nose blindness'. It did the trick though ... no pests joined us for lunch. 😂

    San José is truly a lovely, artistic and cultured spot. We enjoyed the shops and came home with a hummingbird ornament for our Christmas tree! They took it apart for safe travel but we will look forward to the memories it will spark when we place it on the tree next year!

    We decided to stop for ' 'refreshment' at 'Casa Don Rodrigo'. We were drawn into the place from the sidewalk. It was '2 for 1' margaritas!! They were the best tasting margaritas we have had here! 😋 We met some more great people at the table next to us! The people you meet are also part of what makes for great travelling!

    We took an Uber home and are looking forward to leftovers from Salvatore G's (last night) for supper tonight. We also made another reservation with them for tomorrow because they have the ammaretto/gargonzola ravioli ... which our daughters LOVED. We knew we had to try it! We only had two options for reservation .... the other one was too late, so we took the 4:00pm timeslot!

    And, because of the lovely couple seated next to us last night ... we learned that it would be wise to reserve that 'special of the day' along with our table so they don't run out. Of course... that will not be likely with a 4pm reservation... but ... so good to know in case we want to go back!

    Okay! Enough for now except for a
    fun fact: There are three 'coves' (cabos) in the area ... Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo and one other one that I can't recall the name of right now. All together they are called "Los Cabos". This clears up my confusion about all the mixing of the names here!

    Sleep well and much love to all of you❣️
    Leggi altro