Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Its always good to be home!

    January 26 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Regardless of how enjoyable our travels can be, there is something equally wonderful about returning home. We've really treasured our time here in Cabo and deeply appreciate why people love it here so much and return year after year after year! We've met folks who have been coming here for three decades!

    As I shared before, I might be pesuaded to return myself! Neither of us can remember the last time we felt so relaxed on a trip. We typically like to see all the sights and do all the things and leave no stones unturned. Typically, this means there are schedules and time frames and a very active pace. We really do enjoy that too!

    However, this trip was such a welcome reprieve from the cumulative stressors/changes of the past 6 months. It was sooooo good to slow down and simply enjoy all the pleasures this place provides!

    We were chatting about all the things we are grateful for:
    - our plane took off and got us here while 500 other WestJet flights were cancelled.
    - the weather has been exceptional .... warm, relatively windless ... and not too hot
    - our accommodations have been superb .... location, location, location!
    - the food has been pure deliciousness! We did not even have one disappointment.
    - the people we have met along the way have filled our hearts
    - the memories we have made will stir smiles for years to come!
    - the interaction with all of you here on Penguins helped us feel connected to family and friends and added another layer of joy to our time away! What is that old adage: "a joy shared is doubled!"

    Check out was at 11:00am but our flight wasn't until 3:25pm. We decided to just hang out at the Airport rather than storing our luggage and trying to kill time at the Marina.

    Our checking went well ... i.e. no problems with the "R". We killed time with a game of clever and a 'bottle' of wine. I was impressed with the price @$26 CAD until I learned that the bottle was the size they sell on airplanes for $9.99.

    We found a Subway (you all know how I love Subway!) and head to the gate early (2:20pm) and were shocked to see that they were ALREADY boarding Zone 2!! Sheesh .... when does that ever happen?

    All in all, our travel back home was easy, effortless and as enjoyable as could be! We even had a fabulous flight attendant who was so witty and fun! She was one of the original WestJet staffers! Such a great flight!

    We are now tucked in at the hotel for tonight and looking forward to sleeping in our own bed tomorrow!

    Thank you Cabo for a wonderful vacation! And, thank you again Sis for all the ways you enriched our experiences! ❤️
    Read more