Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 9

    Farewell to Seville!

    30 Nisan, Ispanya ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    It's hard to believe that today is our last day in Seville! It is truly one of our very favorite cities that we have had the good fortune to visit! We had no big plans today except to buy some more of those amazingly delicious tortas made by Ines Rosalez that I talked about many days ago! We bought two more of the anise variety and also bought one of the rosemary and thyme flavored ones! I'll have to let you know what we think!!

    We enjoyed breakfast in our room and meandered the streets ... spending a bit more time looking in the shops! I took a picture of the window of the shop next door to us! It is filled ONLY with earrings. If you see a pair you like ... let me know! If they are open this evening or open in the morning when we check out, I will pick them up for you!!

    And then ... there were all the shoe shops! Such brightly colored and stylish shoes! I captured a pic or two of some of them too!

    We found those shoe stores as we moseyed down the main shopping street towards the "Setas de Sevilla" aka the "Metropol Parasol" and/or more colloquially known here as the "Mushroom". This mammoth structure was erected 2011 and is the largest wooden structure in the world! It is constructed out of 3500 pieces of micro-plated Finnish pine wood (1, 300,000 kilos!). The pieces are joined together by roughly 3,000 knots and 16 million screws.

    There are pathways that lead you through a number of different viewing platforms that circle the mushroom ... so you might observe a 360 degree view of the city! Apparently it is extra stunning at night because it lights up in an array of colors! We opted to go in the afternoon because we are hoping to catch a sunset on a rooftop patio to cap off our experience of Seville! The tour also provides a 3D panoramic immersive screen experience entitled "Feeling Sevilla". Honestly, it was the perfect way to revisit the highlights of our time here.

    And then, we visited the market under the mushroom! It was phenomenal. We got there just in time though, because by 3:00pm they were all closing up for siesta time. I have no idea if they open again this evening or not, but we were grateful for the tapas we purchased from one of the wine and delicatessen kiosks.

    We ordered a couple of empanadas (one blood sausage/apple and one ham and cheese). I don't have to tell you who ordered which one, do I?? And, remember I was saying yesterday how I wish I could find something with a little more spice to it? Well ....... my prayers were answered. They had little skewers with anchovies and olives and spicy peppers!! We paired all of that with some delicious Manchego cheese cubes and some dry white wine!! Absolutely stellar!! ✨These culinary options tickled both our fancies quite nicely. 😋

    And, from there, we wandered back home ... only had to use the Google maps once to orient ourselves! We opted to clean up, pack and organize for our train trip to Malaga tomorrow before we headed out in search of the sunset tonight.

    It we find a nice roof top and get some sunset photos, I will add them later, but for now ... I will add the photos I have taken so far from today and will say good-bye for now!

    It's been such a wonder-filled time here in this city! It has so much character, history and ... as I have said before ... it reveals hidden delights and precious gems to tickle all the senses around every corner!

    Warmest hugs from us to you ... k&j ❤️
    Okumaya devam et