Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Taking the Train to Malaga!

    May 1 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    It's a travel day today!! We were up and at it by 8:30AM this morning ... tidying up the Airbnb and making some sandwiches to enjoy enroute! We had a two hour train ride at roughly 300km/hour in order to get from Seville to Malaga!

    Our tickets were nicely on our phone and we just had to get to the train station!
    We were going to reserve with "Cabify" (which is the Spain equivalent to Uber) but they only took reservations ... which meant we'd be waiting on the street for 30 minutes. That didn't seem right with our souls.

    So, we opted to go with the Uber instead. Our driver found us without too much trouble ... but then ... started to drive away before the old boy got fully into the car!! He was trying to fall into the back seat as the car picked away from the curb!! It was horrifying ... and I yelled at the driver!! He felt terrible!!

    We are guessing that he assumed the old boy had landed in the car when he heard the "thud" on the back seat. However ... that thud was the old boy's day pack!! It has his computer in it ... amongst a lot of other things that add weight! I am not sure how he even lugs that thing around ... but ... he never complains! He didn't even complain about being semi-dragged for a couple of feet whilst trying to land his butt in the back seat of the Uber! Fortunately, no harm and no foul! The old boy's 'cougar instincts' kicked in and made it hard to take him down😉... thankfully!!! 🙌

    Our train ride was entirely uneventful aside from the fact that some 'others' were seated beside some privileged white folks in the seat in front of us. The 'other' put his feet up on the empty seat across from him and it was hard not to hear the English woman's disdain for this behaviour!! It was written all over her face. Not that the man cared one iota about her preferences for his good manners. People watching is always so enjoyable, isn't it? BTW ... I almost took a picture because he had the WIDEST feet I think I have ever seen!!

    We arrived in Malaga and decided to book a car for the next leg of our journey! We will be heading to a more remote area in the Alicante region after our four nights here in Malaga. The rental is a bit pricey ... but ... hopefully the freedom to come and go will make the price tag worth it!!

    We arrived at our place ... only to discover that the A/C isn't working in the living room area. I trust they will get it fixed. As long as we can cool things down to a necessary 18 degrees for sleeping ... all will be well. I'm still doing battle with this head cold ... it hasn't gotten any worse ... which is a miracle! Here's hoping it gives up and leaves soon! 🤞

    Our room is quite lovely and nicely situated between the old town and the beach!! We are eager to get familiar with our surroundings but felt too tuckered out to spend much time exploring tonight!

    Instead ... we opted to go out for dinner after we bought some groceries! It's such a gift that the mercado is right across the street from us ... eggs, mayo, cheese, bread and wine. These are staples we must have on hand!

    Once we had these purchased, we headed out to a local spot for dinner ... only to learn that they were not serving food because it is "Labor Day" in Spain today. So ... we wandered closer to the harbor and discovered a 'Hard Rock Cafe"!

    I am almost embarrassed to tell you how excited I was at the possibility of having 'American' food! We always scratch our heads when people travel overseas and then head to McDonalds for dinner ... but today ... I was THAT traveller!!

    The old boy humored me! We had a platter of greasy fried wings and spring rolls and onion rings and all kinds of other things that no good Spaniard would even consider! It was delightful!! I am just hoping my system doesn't kick back on the greasy food like it usually does. Once again, finger crossed!

    And now ... we are headed to bed!! It's only 8:45pm ... but ... we are tuckered right out! And, new adventures await us tomorrow!! Talk to you again then!

    Love and hugs, k&j ❤️
    Read more