Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 128

    Potosí

    March 16, 2018 in Bolivia ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    What a city! Considered the highest city in the world with altitude 4 060 m.a.s.l. and back in 16th century the richest city of America.
    We have arrived on the terminal from where it was rather hike up the hill to our hostel. If O would have known how far it is, we would have taken a taxi.
    It took us while to find the place as the websites had a wrong address. The receptionist didn't have a clue about our booking but thankfully had free room and it worked out even cheaper then we originally calculated.
    Once we have settled down, we headed for town trying to book a mine tour for the next day.
    The first place we have visited was a small tour agency ran by Julio.
    It is a very strange and kind of rude character. As it seemed he know what he is talking about we decided to go with him next day from 8 a.m.
    The rest of the afternoon we have walked the streets and visited a nice tower with view of the city.
    We spent the evening wondering the street trying to find something to eat. As the stalls with food were absolutely everywhere we were spoiled for choice.
    We tried salchipapa and burger that were both nice and cheap.
    Read more