Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 146

    Cusco

    April 3, 2018 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Our first full day in Cusco has been very busy. We got up at 6 a.m. and we started the day with lovely cake and coffee for breakfast.
    We wanted to do us much as we can in this day and see most of the sites so we decided to join free walking tour of the city centre.
    We got grabbed by a local to join their group at 10:30 and as they all seemed pretty.much the same, we have decided to go for it.
    We haven't done many of free walking tours so far in South America but I must say it was definitely the best one.
    To start of we headed for a small chocolate factory who manufactures organic chocolate products. One of the ladies there explained everything about their process and different types of chocolate they make. All of this was accompanied by tasting so we were definitely won over.
    After that we continued back to square for history information about Cusco that has been declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
    Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and we have learned a lot about Inca culture, their language, music and drinks.
    We have finished the entire tour by tasting the famous Pisco Sour, Peruvian national drink.
    After so much walking we have decided to grab a lunch in all you can eat Indian buffet. The food was nice and we have sat in balcony with view of the square.
    After lunch we time to get organised for next couple of days. We booked our tour of Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and visited San Pedro market to get lots of fresh fruit.
    The weather was getting worser and right after we walked through the door of the hostel, a huge storm hit the town.
    We used the time to pack for next day trip and had a little nap.
    Once it stopped raining, I have been invited for a dinner so we tried a pizza place we walked around fee times.
    As our next couple of days will be an early mornings, we went to bed early with a day well spent.
    Read more