Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 149

    Machu Picchu

    April 6, 2018 in Peru ⋅ ☀️ 4 °C

    After planning and trying to find the best (cheapest) way to get to Machu Picchu, the day when we can explore this world wonder has finally arrived.
    That meant an very early morning and getting up at 3:30 a.m. By 4 a.m. we have been our of the door in pitch black outside and started walking towards the majestic ruins.
    Unfortunately by 4:05 a.m. it started raining and by every step it was poring down more and more.
    We had to stop and hide for a while to reconsider our options.
    As it didn't seem like stopping, we made decision to go back to the village and take the super overpriced bus.
    After a little accident, it will make for a great story, Petr joined a massive que for the bus and I set off to buy tickets.
    It all took ages and after a lot of complaining about the bus price, we were finally on our way.
    The higher we got, more light was seen outside the windows and nicer views were offered.
    By the time we got up, it stopped raining and we could start searching for our tour guide between the masses of people pouring out of the buses and the hiking trail.
    Once we crossed the entrance we have entered the famous site with the guards watching every so for step we took.
    Once we all assembled we could start exploring what it has to offer. I must say that the tour guide wasn't the best one and my uncle Pišta would have done much much better job.
    We walked the main route unroll the exit and after short break entered the site again.
    Now we could explore it ourselves and with the weather getting better and better We could see the magic of this place.
    We have decided to walk towards the old Inca bridge and on a way take the iconic pictures.
    We loved the llamas that casually walked around us and enjoyed it as much as we did.
    We have spent almost five hours exploring and walking along the ruins unroll it was time to head down and walk back to Hidroelectrica to catch our bus.
    Read more