Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 171

    Huacachina and buggie ride

    April 28, 2018 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    We heard about this adventure experience ages ago from a German girl we met in Punta Arenas and were really looking forward to it.
    I must say we have been slightly disappointed with the oasis itself. I think we were expecting something more polished and better presented for the money you need to spend on accommodation here.
    Once we arrived we were quickly moved to the buggie and didn't have much time to waste. It was a little bit frustrating as we wanted to get GoPro ready.
    The driver started the engine and we were ready to rumble. This drivers are really crazy and they are not afraid of speed. With the first downhill everyone screamed for life and hold on for their lives.
    It was great fun to drive up and down and it felt like one huge roller coaster. After about 15 minutes of riding we stopped on one of the dunes to take pictures.
    Then we were ready to start a whole new sport, sand-boarding. We got boards out of car and prepared to slide. Petr went first and it looked so much fun. I was a bit worried but there was no time to waste and I braved the fast slide down.
    From here we could see one more dune that was even bigger. We jumped on boards and slides that one as well.
    From here we jumped back for fun fueled ride back to the Oasis. It's been such a fun thing to do and we have really enjoyed it. Only shame it wasn't too long!
    Read more