Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    AWCC, Moose Pass & Exit Glacier

    July 24, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 55 °F

    How could this day be any more Alaskan? We got to see wildlife, yes it was behind fences, but they were "up close and personal", we saw more float planes on lakes, we saw a glacier, and now we are camped under a bald eagle nest! AND the weather was great, cloudy, with clear blue skies, but very cool!

    We started the day at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center which has a so many animals to see. Habitats are large, but we were there pretty much around feeding so most animals were visible. We saw porcupines, this cute young black cub, brown bear, caribou, moose, musk ox, bison, foxes, deer, and eagle. Have lots of pics on my other camera, and have stacked just a few from my cell phone. A beautiful day to just stroll around and look at animals. The black bear was just a cub, maybe 6 mos, that had been rescued and was perfectly happy playing with a rock or climbing on his water well.

    Had to keep moving so got back in the cart and headed to Seward. Stopped in Moose Pass fort lunch, big lake, little town, but very picturesque with the float planes.

    Next stop Exit Glacier. The real deal. Even if it is getting smaller every
    Read more