Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Thru Cheyenne to Sidney, NE

    May 31, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 55 °F

    We left Rock Springs expecting to get to Cheyenne, WY for the day. Still raining slightly and it was cold. Made a couple of stops and were on the road by mid morning.
    Drove most of the morning in light rain. I had hoped we could take a little detour and drive the Snowy Range Scenic Byway, but Tom was worried about getting into snow at the higher elevations so we stayed on I-80. Just kept driving and ended up stoppng for gas at laramie about 1:30 still thinking we would continue on to Cheyenne. Since it was so late we decided to have lunch there. As we walked back to RV it started hailing on us again. Since it was late in the day, cold and wet, we ended up staying in RV park with power to better enjoy the evening. "Wallydocking" isn't bad.... just quieter and cleaner in a park instead of a parking lot.

    Got up the next morning (wednesday, june 1) and drove the grade out of laramie. Glad we hadn't decided to continue yesterday because we would have been driving in snow.

    Blew past Cheyenne and stopped in Sidney to see the Cabellas store. Their main headquarters are here so I thought this would be a pretty good store to see. It was good, but not as built out as some others we have seen. It front they also have a monument to the Pony Express riders as this was part of the route they road.
    Read more