Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Into Wyoming

    May 30, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 46 °F

    Up and on the road by 8 am. Between our coffee time, devo, and making sure Charlie has a good walk, that is still a good start time for us.

    Pretty much a drive day again sticking to I-80. Interstate takes us south of the Great Salt Lake and then heads due east out of Salt Lake city. Spent most of the morning in a light rain until it actually became snow at Parleys Summit, about 7,000 ft.

    Got into Wyoming about noon and filled up with cheaper gas, &4.55 per gallon and got some wraps (easier to eat while driving then a sandwich) from subway and got back on the road.

    We only went as far as Rock Springs, about a 350 mile day, because we wanted a little extra evening time for showers. We stayed at the Sweetwater Event Complex (an extra large fairground sort of place) that had pretty good reviews. Only $33 a night for full hook up, no trees or grass on sites, but they had recently remodel restrooms. Each restroom had its own shower, with good pressure and hot water. Not only that, each restroom was heated, much to Toms delight!

    The facility also had a nice large (!) dog park. Charlie was so happy, she got to run like mad and the park had all this nice, deep green grass. She almost went a little crazy rolling and running. After about 30 minutes we took her back to the RV and she refused to get back in. I didn't have her on a leash, (so few people are here) and she simply would not come... and then she found a (slightly) running faucet and finished her play time in the mud! I was cold and mad, and now have muddy shoes and clothes! Since she did NOT like me trying to wipe the mud off of her she got snarky with me. Still not convinced we will be coming home with this dog....

    A nice hot spaghetti dinner and bed for us all. Oh we also did have a little ice cream!
    Read more