Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 125

    Spending the day with the cousins!

    September 27, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    Just another cool morning in Fayetteville. Coffee, dogs and chit chat. Watched a lot of storm coverage and caught up with some finances while Chris had her nails done.
    Quick lunch and Shari was by at about noon to drive us out to the "cabin". She needed to check on some construction activity for the garage they are adding, ands to make sure the bats had been removed from the upper bedroom!
    Understand this is a log home that actually had settled and left one or two tiny gaps into the cabin. The guy she worked with put a sort of wire trap in place that allowed the bats to leave at night to find food, but not be able to squeeze back in. It seemed to have worked.
    Beautiful log home on a river that allows for tubing, kayaking, paddle boarding at various times off year depending on the strength of the current. It's is about an hour drive, so close enough for weekends...
    Fort home in just enough time too take a breath and then drive out to Bentonville to see Rick's family. We met at a very good Mexican restaurant, it had been so long for us to eat Mexican! Only had a little bit of time with Michelle and Safi because Safi had a cheer commitment. But we did have a little longer to visit with Rhett and Rick. Lots of fun, sands we did get to know Rhett a little bit better. He was a great conversationalist!
    Home and to bed, we had a very full day with Chris!
    Read more