Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 134

    Intrnl. Quilting Museum & Study Center

    October 6, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 68 °F

    This was great! the museum looked at the history of quilting worldwide, with it variations and many different uses. (Blankets, clothing, shoes, hats, etc) The collection includes a large number of items from there James family. She was a quilter and together they thought some of defining pieces needed to be saved and studied. The museum included very old pieces and contemporary ones. And quilting is so much more than a blanket. It has risen to a textile art form. There is hand sewing, machine sewing, dyeing, photo transfers, applique, peicing, painting, etc. So much so that many pieces have been created in quilt "studios", similar vernacular as art studios.
    One of current larger special exhibits is entitled "Water". The submittal had only to address the theme. No other givens. The entries were so different from each other. I took pics of my favorites so they look a little more alike. Just a stimulating, visual treat. Made me want to rush home and lock myself in my sewing/office room!

    Back to the RV, Charlie's time and dinner!
    Read more