Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 140

    Rest day at Yampas River State Park

    October 12, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 59 °F

    We liked this spot so much that we decided to just stay another night. Enjoyed a lazy morning and had some bacon and biscuits for breakfast. After convincing Charlie she shouldn't be digging, we brought her in for a nap and went over to the visitor center.
    Just a small one that talked about the history, the river echo system, and all the various activities available in the area. Chatted with the ranger, he grew up in Steamboat and had lived here all his life. Talked about host opportunities, he is looking for next summer. But Michigan is our temporary summer home!
    Took a walk around the park with Charlie, and then I grabbed my laptop and drove the 3 miles back into Hayden to the public library. We get cell service out in there park, but not enough to fix some of the online tasks. Tom stayed with the RV and did one more load of wash.
    Their library was so nice! Sat at a table with the door open to the outside patio. Beautiful little aspen just quaking enough that I could hear it. They had this nice sitting area with a fireplace that used used by the local book club. Just looked so comfortable.
    Wrapped up work and stopped by a liquor store for wine. I didn't know that you can only buy malt based products (beer and hard seltzers) in the grocery stores in Colorado. Everything else you get in a liquor store...
    Read more