Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 132

    Glensheen Mansion

    September 4, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 82 °F

    Took it pretty easy this Labor Day Monday. Was able to finally have nice phone visit with Cindy and Chris, life update and devo time. Then spent quite a bit of time getting a hold of KP advice nurse who then connects you with a doctor who makes final diagnosis and recommendations. Then had to confirm a local pharmacy that would take California call in prescription. Then back to advice nurse who then sendd message to our actual doc in Fresno who calls in order. A little convoluted process, especially on Labor Day!

    Finally solved most of that and headed out to do a little sightseeing on my own. I visited the Glensheen Mansion which is located on the north shore drive of Lake Superior. Beautiful brick mansion, carriage house, gardeners cottage, boathouse and grounds. Just spent the afternoon wandering and enjoying this self-guided tour. It was built in the very early 1900s, and most furniture and accessories are original to the house since the family still lived there until 1977. It actually has a sort of bizarre back story with one of the daughters and maid being murdered.

    Checked on prescription, still not ready, pharmacy closed early because of holiday....arrrgh. Back to RV and just enjoyed viewing the lights of the bridge and town from our spot in the Marina.
    Read more