Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 133

    Heading west to St.Cloud

    September 5, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 86 °F

    Woke up to this beautiful, still morning. I never get tired of Marina views, and the reflections in the water were awesome. We dawdle around a little bit because I still had to pick Tom's prescription. Since the pharmacy was clear across town it made more sense to go by jeep. Once back we finished packing up and hooking jeep up.

    We only had about 200 miles to go so I took a slightly longer route around one the larger lakes (of the 10,000 found in the state) Mille Lacs. This lake was large enough that you really couldn't see to the opposite shore. But it was a large shallow lake and just lacked the charm of the many lakes in Michigan. (It almost seemed like Minnesota's version of Clear Lake, but with a flat wooded topography.) Nice cool day for traveling and had some rain.

    Grabbed some lunch at McDonald's and finished the day driving into St. Cloud. This fairly good size city is about 45 miles north of Minneapolis. Just seemed liked a nice quiet park to leave Tom and the RV. Only drawback is no cable, just weak over the air signals and relatively good wi-fi so Tom could stream some TV shows. Should have checked ammenties more closely!?

    Nicely spaced sites...and even though slightly older park, it has been well maintained! Individual restroom and shower set up as opposed to large gender specific restroom/ shower rooms. Lots of nice walking areas for Charlie
    Read more