Satellite
Show on map
  • Long Day. Long Walk.

    September 10, 2022 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 73 °F

    For the past four days, I have not felt well. I soldier on thinking I would get over whatever “it” is. But I haven’t, and after 29 km today I went to the Hospital by way of the Pharmacy. I am fine. I was given a prescription and I know I will feel better tomorrow.

    Mimi from Massachusetts (part of my Camino family), came to the hospital with me. We were dead-dog-tired, but she didn’t want me to go solo! She speaks Spanish which was extremely helpful. It is Saturday, and many pharmacies in Spain have doctors. So we’re off in a taxi to the Pharmacy. Well, as luck would have it—on Saturday most pharmacies close after noon. We found one open, but no doc, and the pharmacy advised us to go to the hospital.

    We didn’t have a long wait, but we were deliriously tired. Once I saw the doc ( apparently during a shift change so I heard “pronto” quite a bit), she examined me — sort of and after one test she confirmed what I thought was the problem and wrote an RX. Once again we were off in the taxi to fill the prescription and then to Albergue, several towns away where we are staying the night

    I am turning it in now. Burgos is tomorrow and I will take a day and a half off the trail to rest! Only 21 km (versus too many today)!

    I hope to post more about the experience than just about my day!

    Prayers were greatly appreciated (Marie thank you for asking for more on my behalf! ❤️) Now prayers of thanksgiving!

    Sweet dreams!
    Read more