Satellite
Show on map
  • Burgos and Rest Day Tomorrow!

    September 11, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 88 °F

    I was not going to walk this morning, but once I got up with all of the other 7 bunk-mates in the Albergue (they were just in my room—many more pilgrims throughout! I thought I would try to walk as far as I could and get a bus to Burgos if I needed to—but I managed ok.
    I am so happy to be in a hotel with a private bathroom! Another bonus, I know I won’t have any snorers in my room!

    I love being part of the Camino community, and much of this entails hostel and Albergue living. We are sharing bathrooms and bedrooms. 99.9% of pilgrims are quiet, considerate, and so much fun to get to know. We truly encourage each other and look out for each other. The toughest nights I have had thus far were the 16-bunk mixed dorm. Men and women mixed among the 16 twin bunk beds. We had one men’s bathroom, one women’s stall, and 2 showers.

    The race is on once you get your bed assignment because everyone is hot, sweaty, and dusty from walking all day. A shower is usually the #1 thing I do once I arrive. Then there is the necessity to wash your clothes! There are generally just a few sinks to wash out your clothes and find space on the clothesline — so they dry by morning! Some of the albergues will either do your laundry for a small amount or you can find a laundry mat—which is typically positioned by a bar! Makes washing and drying clothes go by a bit faster!

    The Camino is the trail and the people—and it is quite an international group. Not just Europeans. I have made friends with individuals from South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, and of course, all over Europe and the USA.

    P.S. I am so humbled by the prayers! I am so thankful for getting to see a doctor yesterday and really believe I will get to feeling like new soon! ✝️💜
    Read more