Satellite
Show on map
  • Hornillos & Beginning of the Meseta

    September 13, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 70 °F

    Leaving Burgos we traveled with a few new women who have been also traveling solo.

    We saw a gentleman from Ireland traveling alone, and quite confused—this was his first day on the Camino, as he is starting from Burgos. We helped Simon learn how to spot “ the way” out of Burgos. But I must say, Burgos is terribly marked—or should I say not marked much at all! Simon seemed happy to have a cadre of pilgrims to follow.

    After 5 hours, 15 miles, and one big hill later we are at our Albergue for the night.

    Tomorrow we begin the Meseta. Meseta is a part of Spain known among pilgrims for its wide skies, dry heat, and flat lands. It is
    180 km some say 220 km, some have no idea! There is very little to see. It is important to carry more water than usual. And it is important to be prepared for heat, sun, and rain.

    Speaking of rain, we are having an incredible storm now. Praying pilgrims are not walking in it! ⛈

    I’m off to have a beverage, and dinner after washing the sweat, dust, and dirt from my clothes and me!

    Feeling better today. How wonderful it was to have a rest day yesterday! Soaking in a hot bathtub two days in a row was a true luxury!

    Tomorrow I am off to Castrojeriz, 20.1 klicks.

    Can you find the shell or yellow arrows? Some signs are more obvious than others, but not most.

    Blessings to all who read this! ✝️💜
    Read more