Satellite
Show on map
  • Meseta

    September 14, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 57 °F

    It was a rather quiet day walking. We had 20 km and not a huge climb. We had rain in the forecast, but other than a sprinkle, we stayed dry!

    Along the Camino are “Bars”, I would equate the “Bars” to a snack bar that serves food, coffee, tea, and alcohol (mostly beer and wine). Some Bars you want to pass by, others you sit back from walking, visit with other pilgrims, air out your feet, and enjoy a café con leche! Today, several of us traveled together and found an Oasis (well that’s what they called it 😉). But it served good coffee, and food and had a clean bathroom! Yay, score!

    Tomorrow I head to Fromista. We have a 3 km climb and about 25 km total walk with very few Bars or water fountains to fill our water containers. So I will load up the water I need for the long day! We have a bed tomorrow (in an Albergue), and for the next several nights we are still looking for places to stay. Mimi, Jo, and I are meeting up every afternoon. We all walk at different paces. It is nice to walk with random pilgrims on the road, but meet up for the afternoon and night with great familiar faces! Yesterday and today I walked with two very nice gentlemen, one retired Marine from Virginia, and one nice guy from Ireland. Jo started with us, but wanted to go at her own pace!

    Random thought: I miss ordering from Amazon and getting it the next day! 😬
    Read more