Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Italy - Day 4

    June 5, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    I am not sure if it is because we came from Morocco to Italy - but this country is beautiful, friendly and easy to get around. We fell in love on the first day.

    After a quick intro to Rome seeing a few of the tourist spots like the Pantheon, coliseum and Trevi fountain, we headed south to Salerno.

    Our first full day we caught a train to Paestum (40 mins south of Salerno) on the recommendation of our host. We passed the Roman ruins dating to 600BC and walked to the beach. Rows of umbrella’s and chairs where we played in the sun, swam and drank Lemon Granita’s.

    Our second full day we ventured to the ancient city of Pompeii. Paying our €20 for our mobile guide (well worth it) to listen to the history as we strolled through this huge city that was covered in ash from the 62AD eruption of Mt Vesuvius.

    Needless to say that I was knackered each day trekking home after an average of 16km walking ...

    We head back to Rome for a few more days to see the old town and maybe a catacomb visit - whatever takes our fancy before we meet Dinny in Florence as our tour guide. Looking forward to it.

    Cheers,

    Erin
    Read more