Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Sofia, Bulgaria

    August 11, 2019 in Bulgaria ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    We arrived in Sofia 2 hours late, but that wasn’t a problem because our check in wasn’t until 1pm so we could take our time. We reserved our next train to Belgrade so that we knew it was ok and headed into the centre on the metro.

    Arriving at the hostel we were hot and very sweaty after a day in Istanbul, train ride and hike in 32 degrees to the hostel. We were still an hour early though, so we went for a drink in the cafe downstairs to wait it out.

    Along came 1pm and we went into the hostel, but no one could get hold of the reservations guy! An hour later he finally arrived with the excuse that he’d been at his mate’s birthday party the night before and woke up late. He gave us a 4 bed room to ourselves to make up for the inconvenience.

    Hot and very sweaty, all we wanted was a shower, but the water had gone off! We were told it wouldn’t be on until 6pm so we had to go ‘sightseeing’ to kill time... going in and out of air-conditioned shops to make it bearable.

    We headed back to the hostel at 6pm and... YES! Water!

    Now we are showered... and it’s never felt so good! Just waiting for our clothes to wash now, as there’s a machine here, and then we’ll go out to eat. 👍
    Read more