Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Bora Bora

    January 18, 2015 in French Polynesia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    The seas were rough last night with the rain storm coming through and we were weaving all over the halls. I swear it was not the Silver Spirit's we were drinking. :-)
    The morning found us coming into the bay in Bora Bora in bright sunlight. We were still rocking and not many people were out on the walking track as usual so I suspect some had a rough night. We were up bright and early though and glad we didn't miss the beautiful entrance. The picture is not great due to the sun but it was very dramatic.
    We rented bikes and rode down to the southern tip of the island to a great public beach. We couldn't bring ourselves from leaving the comfort of the little tiki bar and getting in the water though because it was so peaceful and pleasant just looking out at the wonderful blue lagoon and the beautiful surrounding islands (the motus). There were those great hotels with the little huts out over the water dotted all around the island that were incredibly expensive but the island itself has really remained fairly rustic and we could see why it is a favorite of the hollywood stars. They can probably get away civilization and still have some pretty pleasant places to go and things to do.
    It surpassed Moorea as our favorite island so far
    Read more