Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 116

    Gili Air

    August 1, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    The last island to be hopped, Gili Air: one of the three idyllic small islands between Bali and Lombok. Only a 15-20 minute boat ride away from Lombok and you arrive in a carless little island (5km around the island) where horses with carts and bicycles are the main means of transportation. A bit of repetition here but again treated with beautiful beaches, waters and views. The snorkeling and boat tours we left for what they were and just took it really easy. After the hike, I could easily have spent the whole day in the hammock at arms length of our front door as it really felt like I ran the marathon but some movement seems to accelerate the recovery. So walking like an old man to the beach and after 2 days riding the bike indeed helped and even a morning run around the island was possible.

    Almost 2 months we spent island-hopping around in Indonesia. Each island with its own characteristics and it really felt like different trips. The good food, fantastic views and warm/friendly welcome were always the things we could rely on. Each time Milo and Yuna made their appearances, we saw smiles and heard what a cute baby/boy everywhere. Like at home, Yuna proudly resisted, I am not a baby, I am a big girl. Julia is happy she could see and experience the roots and history of her new family and being able to put things in a new perspective.

    Terima Kasih Indonesia! Time to explore the next country…..
    Read more