Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 119

    Malaysia - KL

    August 4, 2023 in Malaysia ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    We kick off our Malaysia trip with a weekend in Kuala Lumpur. We set ourselves comfortably in a nice apartment complex on the 36th floor in Bukit Bintang, Star Hill, where lots of action happen. Streetfood, streetart, bars, restaurants, shopping malls…. Very lively. A perfect place to celebrate Julia’s birthday with some cake in KLCC park and a fancy dinner. And as we heard but of course could also smell that the durian season is in full swing, it was time to taste it, first time for all of us…

    We armed ourselves with plastic gloves to avoid smelly durian hands and not being able to enter a lot of places. We learned there are more than 200 different variaties. The most popular of these super spikey fruits is the Musang King, bittersweet, rich and creamy, some say toasted marshmallows. One of us did not like it so much…. To our surprise it was Julia and not the kids, especially Yuna asked for more and more.

    We managed to ditch half of our travel stuff at an acquaintance so we could travel a bit lighter. Very welcoming in these brutal temperatures and on our way to the bus station!
    Read more