Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Lazy days...

    January 5, 2020 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Believe it or not, Chris and I have never stayed for an extended time in a beach town. This was going to be a new experience for us.

    Pat and Gail have been here before and since Pat grew up in a beach town in California, he loves the ocean, surfing, swimming and snorkelling. Chacala is the perfect place for this. Gail loves the calm areas of the beach for swimming and Chacala has that too. We are fortunate that they found this wonderful little place and we can share it with them.

    There are lots of Americans and Canadians here, mostly from the west coast. They know each other so there is always someone who will arrange pickle ball games in the early morning, ukulele group meets in the late morning, dinner parties or meetups at restaurants, little group driving or hiking trips, seeing the sunsets while drinking margaritas at a nearby restaurant, etc. Always something going on, if you want to be busy.

    Pat and Gail know us well enough, so we don’t always have to do things together but it is fun to
    have options.

    On Sundays, a terrific brunch is offered in a little shaded and secluded area at the end of the
    beach. We all went there for the first time and loved it! Gourmet food and mimosas on the beach. Ahhhh. As added entertainment we watched a whale breaching in the distance. Pretty exciting!

    A group decision was made. We have all agreed to go there every Sunday.
    Read more