Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Up the Volcano for Beautiful Views

    January 7, 2020 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    We are in ‘relax mode’. What can I say? So what have we been doing?

    The day before yesterday we just did relaxing things. Nothing strenuous.

    Pat and Gail have returned to their pickle ball games on a rough basketball court with several other gringos. It gets hot here during the day so 7 a.m. is a good time to play. I watched a few games and everyone was having fun. A few falls though...as mentioned, the court is rough.

    Chris went with PnG to a ukulele practice with about 8 people. That was fun.

    We have gone swimming on this beautiful beach several times. The sand is lovely and the town prides itself in keeping the beach clean. Yesterday was the last day of Christmas holidays, so today the beach was very quiet.

    Oh, we have eaten several times in the beachfront palapas. Inexpensive and delicious, especially the vegetarian omelets and green smoothies.

    This morning, we decided to walk to the rim of a nearby ancient volcano. We set out at around 7 a.m., after watching a beautiful sunrise, and drinking a coffee on our rooftop patio.

    It was a pleasant walk with lots of birds to look at. At the top, we discovered a tiny ‘offering’ on the trail.

    Once we left the shade of the jungly trail, it started to get pretty hot and we were hungry. So, we stopped at a beachside palapa restaurant and ordered their famous vegetarian omelet with beans, a coffee and a green juice. Delicious and the added bonus of watching the waves in the ocean. We enjoyed the slow service. Nothing moves very fast here!

    The walk through the jungle to the top of the rim of the volcano was very pleasant. We saw lots of birds and interesting plants. The views at the top were lovely. At times, the crater fills up with water and a lake appears.
    Read more