Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    The House

    January 3, 2022 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Well, we were pleasantly surprised! We had seen some photos as the house was being constructed but we really had no idea what it looked like.

    From the road, we could somewhat see the house through the jungly trees on the property. We turned down the 120m winding driveway and saw a beautiful, white house with a large swimming pool.

    I wish that I knew real estate lingo in order to describe this house properly. In a nutshell, it is a one floor house with an open living area with a modern kitchen and living room. A veranda runs the full length of the front of the house and it has a dining table in it as well as two sitting areas with rocking chairs in front of two large bedrooms. There are overhead fans everywhere, even though there is a lovely breeze that keeps the house cool.

    At the back of the house are two more bedrooms. All the bedrooms have king-sized beds or two twin beds. Each of the bedrooms has its own bathroom. The doors and windows in these rooms have screens.

    In front of what i am calling the veranda/porch lies the large, 18’ x 32’ pool. It is lovely. Shallow at one end with wide stairs going into the water and 7’ deep at the other end. It is a salt water pool, no chlorine. Refreshing.

    A lot of work has been done lately to start the landscaping of the house - palm trees, bougainvillea and other tropical plants that I don’t know the name of. A lot of the brush has been cleared so that it is private, yet open around the house.

    While we self isolate for a few days after the flight, we are enjoying the blue skies, the warm weather, the pool and listening to some good music on the Google Home machine we wisely brought with us. It is a covid free life at this point and we are very grateful for the opportunity to stay here!
    Read more