Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Pat and Gail Arrive

    January 15, 2022 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Yesterday, was spent some time preparing for Pat and Gail, our long-time travelling friends, to arrive. We met them 22 years ago in Zamora, Michoacan where we were all teaching English. Since then, we have tried to meet once a year, always in different places - several different places in Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica, Peru, Bolivia, Guatemala, Colombia, Namibia and Botswana. And also in Canada and U.S.A.

    Last year, due to covid and ‘no travelling’ restrictions, we did not travel. We spent the winter in our Fergus condo. Pat and Gail were able to spend the winter in warm Arizona. But we weren’t able to meet up.

    Recently, they bought a new truck, El Burro, and a trailer, La Quinta, and decided to explore Baja California in a safe and away-from-people manner. They left Bellingham on December 1, 2021 and now, 6 weeks later, they were in windy La Ventana in south Baja. They decided to store their trailer and spend a couple of weeks with us in Majahua before flying onward to Puerto Vallarta and the little village of Chacala. They planned on spending the month of February in Chacala, the last place that we had seen them two years ago. Then back to their trailer to drive home to Bellingham.

    They caught a plane in La Paz at 6:30 a.m., flew to Mexico City and then arrived in Zihuatanejo at 3:30 p.m. right on schedule.

    We drove to Zihua in the afternoon and stopped at the Mega store to buy some food before picking them up. We also stopped at Jonny Cash’s car rental place to pay for the month of February. Jonny is a great guy and wants to upgrade our car for the same price. Not that we are having any issues with the one we have now. They will bring it to us in Troncones next week. Good service.

    They look exactly the same as always and were thrilled with the warmer weather here.

    As soon as we got to the house, they put their bathing suits on and jumped into the pool. But … Pat forgot that he had his new hearing aids in! Adjusting to hearing aids is a big challenge in so many ways, as Chris has discovered. Out came the rice and in went the aids. Thankfully, they survived their short dip in the pool. I am sure that several of you can relate to this incident. Lol.
    Read more