Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 55

    Furniture arrives from Patzcuaro

    February 24, 2022 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Our landlord had mentioned that he and his family were moving out of the house that they were renting for years in Patzcuaro, and putting most of the furniture in storage. Some furniture would be coming to Majahua though and he wondered if we could be here when it arrived to make sure it got put away. He would have been here but he and his family had to go to the States until the middle of April.

    The moving date was set for Saturday but of course this is Mexico and you have to expect the unexpected. We got an email saying it would be there later today (Thursday). We were fine with that. It takes about 4 hours to drive from Patz. to Troncones so we figured Hugo and Antonio would be here by lunchtime and yes, they were.

    The driveway is pretty rough and the truck was loaded high. I was a little worried that it could tip over as it wobbled up the driveway but they made it.

    It was a super hot day and those guys worked up a sweat. Most of the items were heavy. Chris helped by cleaning all the tools and equipment out of the bodega and sweeping it so that the new items had room. I supervised. We didn’t know where to put most of it but just stuffed it all in so it looks organized. Jeremy will have to make sense of things when he moves in. But we can still get in to do our laundry which is good.

    The guys left in an hour after a cold beer and we finished putting things away.
    Read more