Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 78

    La Union

    March 19, 2022 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    We keep hearing about the nearby town of La Union, so we figured that it was time to visit it.

    Apparently there is a big market on Tuesdays, but since we are avoiding large groups of people due to the possibility of Covid, we went on a Saturday. It was about a 45 minute drive away.

    We turned off the highway and drove through a big arched entrance welcoming us to La Union. We figured that we would see the town fairly soon but we didn’t, just a new hospital. Hmmmn. We continued down the windy road and were ready to give up finding a town, when we spotted a church spire in the distance. We took a bridge over a river, and voila! There was the town of La Union.

    Actually the town is a good size with a big church, a cancha (basketball/volleyball court), police department, lots of stores, a Central Park, and agricultural equipment and feed stores. I did a Google search to find out more about this town but didn’t find much information about it.

    It is an authentic Mexican town though and we were the only gringos around which is what we like. Everyone was super nice to us so we had a pleasant visit and took a few photos.
    Read more