Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 67

    Now on to the Azores from Madrid, Spain

    9 Maret, Spanyol ⋅ ☁️ 5 °C

    We tidied up the apartment and we were able to leave by 8:30 a.m.

    Yesterday we did a dry run through of how to get Metro tickets from the Sol metro stop to the airport. It’s a lot cheaper to take the Metro than a taxi. A lady gave us a lesson on using the ticket machine and we practiced a bit so that the next day we wouldn’t have any issues.

    At 8:30 in the morning, the Sol plaza is pretty quiet and so was the metro. It was raining a bit but we were only a 3 minute walk to the Metro. Once we got on the subway, we wouldn’t be outside until we got to Terceira. Good day to travel.

    Our ticket buying went well and we took #1 to Tribunal, then #10 to Nuevo Ministerios, and finally #8 to the airport. It took us about an hour and cost us $9.00 Cdn. each.

    So now, we have gone through security and are just waiting. The coffee is good and we have time to do a little Azores planning. The plane to Lisbon is supposed to leave at 12:10 pm. but is late so leaves at 12:50. Time for a lunch here.

    The flight from Madrid to Lisbon took 1 hour - a little rocky as there were high winds. There is a 1 hour time difference. We leave in 1 hour for Terceira Island.

    We landed in the Lajes airport - an American Army base. A quick taxi ride brought us to the hostel, Hostal da Palmeria in Praia da Victoria, where we will stay in for 2 nights. It is perfect!

    P.S. It’s warm here!
    Baca selengkapnya