Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 206

    Camp #91 - Eddy's bioluminescence

    March 23, 2023 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Eddy's bioluminescene tour, was also our camp site for the night.

    A goal of mine before this trip was to see bioluminescence. This was our second opportunity to see it. The first time we saw it was whilst doing our night dive in Utila, Honduras. However as it was a training dive for our Advanced Open Water, we weren't allowed to film, that and I don't think the GoPro would have picked up the bioluminescence as it wasn't that bright.

    This time around, we get to sit in a little motorboat and splash the water with a kayak paddle to cause the bioluminescence to show. Thankfully as I was sat in a boat, I had my camera to hand and was able to get some photos and videos of it. Another life goal completed.

    We were given the opportunity to swim in the water, however we were taken to a bit where there is supposed to be no crocodiles and the bioluminescence was very week there, so the opportunity didn't outweigh the risk of being eaten by crocodiles.

    After that we camped at the tour base. Lots of wildlife around, monkeys, parrots and other birds (and I'm sure crocodiles)
    Read more