Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 74–76

    No Mans Land to Belén

    November 30, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Today was uneventful. The three of us left our camp around 8am and cycled the 40 km towards Hualfin, to get some food. The town did not have much to offer except for a panaderia with a very sad selection of 2 different dry, sweet bread rolls and one restaurant. We got some sandwiches for lunch and then carried on to the next bigger town, Belén.

    We lost Julien sometime early on after lunch when he, who was riding quite a bit behind us, got a flat and struggled to fix it.

    I also got my 5th puncture of the trip...from a tiny little thorn...annoying. Luckily it happened right before we reached a brand new medical centre that was build into the middle of nowhere and gave us some shade during the repair.

    By this time it was not only 35°C but the wind had picked back up again too. Eventhough the road was a continuous downhill we had to pedal quite a lot to get anywhere...

    Compared to yesterday the scenery was a lot more interesting, with a mix of high plateau in the morning, distant multicoloured mountains and glaciers during the day and an impressive ride through a Canyon towards the end.

    In the end all 3 of us made it to Belén. Julien had to hitchhike though and we only met by chance as we were all staying in the same Hostal. The best part: the hostal is also home to 2 adorable cats. 🐈

    🚴‍♀️ Distance cycled: 103 km
    🌬 Distance cycled against headwind: 40 km
    🎈Flat tires: 1
    🐈 New furry friends made: 2
    Read more