Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    A morning in Brazil

    January 16 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    New day, new country! Today we went to see the Brazilian side of the falls. How to get there? On another bus of course! It took us first to the Argentinian side of the border where we had to emigrate. Surprisingly, at the Brazilian side the bus simply drove through. Were we now illegal immigrants and stuck in Brazil? Luckily no. As it turned out, for transit passengers that only stay in the country for one day, no immigration is needed. How would border control know if you stay longer? No idea!

    The Brazilian side of the falls was even more touristy - and more expensive! 18 EUR per person felt quite steep. But the views were absolutely stunning. You could see much more of the falls than on the Argentinian side and there was a walkway across the water right into the mist, which left us quite drenched. The amount of water plunging into the depths was simply staggering. In the end, although the park was smaller and the walk was shorter, we would recommend the Brazilian side over the Argentinian one.

    There was still a large part of the day left when we finished our visit. So before we headed back home, we went to pay a visit to another country which was very close by...

    🛃 Brazilian entry stamps in passport: 0
    🌐 Pages with extra offers to skip at the ticket booth machine: 4
    🌈 Rainbows seen across the waterfall: 3
    🛗 Ratio of tourists waiting for the lift instead of taking the stairs: 90%
    Read more