Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    London to Stonehenge to Plymouth

    August 3, 2023 in England ⋅ 🌬 18 °C

    We left London at 8am this morning and headed to Stonehenge. We travelled through some beautiful countryside. Arrived in Stonehenge and off our coach onto a shuttle bus to take us up to the stones. Lots of people wandering around looking. After a few hours we left Stonehenge and travelled to Ilminster where we had lunch at this pub called The Flying Fish. It seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. Omg the lunch was sooo nice - a baked meal along with a pint of British Ale - that was yum too.

    Leaving Ilminster we travelled to Plymouth. I think most of us slept on the way - could’ve had something to do with the beer lol.

    We arrived to our hotel in Plymouth at about 5pm then off to be assigned to our rooms. The first room we were given had a shower over the bath, even with my long legs that would present an obstacle and there’s no step ladders close by. So I requested a room change with an accessible shower. Off we go to the next room, pop the room card in the door and in we go to a room full of people already settled in. Well this made me less than happy after a big day so down I go to reception and let them know I was not happy. Within two minutes we were assigned another room.

    Off we trot to the local Tesco express to get some goodies and grab some tea.

    Back in our room now ready to be up and at it at 7.30am tomorrow.

    Here are some pictures of today.
    Read more