Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Plymouth to Glastonbury, Bath to Newport

    August 5, 2023 in Wales ⋅ 🌬 16 °C

    Woke up this morning to pouring rain. After breakfast we boarded the new bus that came overnight. We left Plymouth today and headed for Glastonbury. A quick morning tea there and off to Bath for our visit to the Roman Baths. Still pouring with rain we lined up along with hordes of others to get into the Baths. Once inside we followed the rest of the crowd like lost sheep. About 1/4 of the way through it became stifling hot and claustrophobic. I wasn’t able to complete the whole tour as I had to get some fresh air before fainting.

    While waiting for the bus to pick us up we listened to this guy playing music on his trumpet with accompanying music. We also enjoyed an ice cream.

    Once we left there we headed to Newport in Wales along with the other million people headed to the soccer match there. Thankfully we weren’t going to the soccer but to our beautiful hotel for free time for the rest of the afternoon/night.

    We are currently sitting in a laundromat in some ungodly part of town so we have some clothes to wear for the next few days.

    I’ve posted some photos of our adventure today.
    Read more