Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Kinsale - Ring of Kerry - Killarney

    August 8, 2023 in Ireland ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Up and at breakfast early this morning to board the bus by 8.30am to head for Killarney. We head to Killarney first as that is where we join the Ring Of Kerry. Buses are only allowed to go one way around the Ring of Kerry and that is anti-clockwise. The reason for this is the road is not wide enough for two buses to pass. Some places you have to stop to try let the other vehicle go by without going off the edge of the road. There was some hairy parts of the road as it winded it’s way all the way through. There was lots of mist up high.

    We stopped at Riney’s Bar in Sneem for lunch. The manager had sent a selection of lunches through to the Tour Director of what she had ready for us. It was the quickest service we’ve had for a while.

    Then we went for a quick look through the gift shop and a quick ice cream and back on the bus to finish the Ring of Kerry and back to Killarney.

    We saw the statue of Charlie Chaplin in Waterville. He used to spend his summers in this town so they erected a statue of him.

    Out for tea tonight with all the crew off the bus then tomorrow we have a bit of a rest day. Some of the others are booked on a small excursion in the morning but we’ve decided that we will do a few optional excursions over the next few weeks.

    I’ve included some photos of today and I’ve included a video of our entertainment tonight. They were fantastic. You’ll love this Justine x
    Read more