Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Logarska Dolina

    July 26, 2018 in Slovenia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    From Bled we drove to Logarska Dolina. It’s one of three valleys in the North of the country and much less touristic compared to other areas in Slovenia. To reach the valley we had to cross several mountain passes heading into Austria before going back down to in Slovenia. The Logarska Dolina valley is part of a national park and looks very green with long meadows flanked by steep mountains. Most people who live in the valley work in forestry and live on a farm with some cattle. Because this seemed like a nice experience we decide to make our stay on the farm. On the farm there were two horses, a pair of goats, some chickens and one very fat pig. That afternoon we used the bikes to cycle to the Rinka waterfall at the end of the valley. I expected an easy trip because the valley seemed completely flat. However, we were only 200m away from the farm and then the road continued for another 4kms uphill. We were happy when we arrived at the end of the road and could start a short (uphill) hike. The waterfall is one of the higher ones in Slovenia with a free fall of approximately 90m.

    In the evening we went for local food in an neighboring restaurant. On the menu there was mushroom soup followed by pork with gnocchi.

    The next day was Ilse’s birthday. We started with a splendid breakfast where we could try fresh goat milk. It was delicious!
    We finally had some time to relax and to play some badminton. In the late afternoon we left for our next stop, Ljubljana.
    Read more