Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Lockdown

    December 27, 2020 in Panama ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    Today is the 27th. Day 3 of our 4 day Panamanian lockdown. I have quite enjoyed it. Caroline about 90%. She is not fond of the actual “restriction”. It’s the American thing.
    That being said, we both have embraced it with flying colors. Limited WiFi and almost no cell service. No cars, except for patrolling police.
    Up at daybreak or a little after. Coffee on the deck with the princess nesting dove who just wants to be left alone. We oblige. Picture to follow.
    All we hear is birds by day and insects by night. A little wind for good measure. The waves are faint in the distance which are often forgotten when the parakeets come on their fly by. Noisy buggers.
    Christmas dinner was a treat. Getting charcoal to light in the BBQ took about an hour and a half. Caroline had to visit the interweb to discover that paper towels dipped in oil works great. Remember that! Results on photo.
    We went to the beach at least once a day. Water is lovely and warm. Sand is firm which makes it great for long walks.
    One bottle of wine and lots of food to use up, lockdown every now and again in my opinion is grand. Back to basics.
    Boca Chica tomorrow to prep for the next lockdown on Jan 1st.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boca_Chica,_Chi…

    Here’s where we’re currently staying in Panamá: https://abnb.me/sa83tuF5wcb

    Cheers
    Read more