Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 127

    B2B Day 3

    July 24, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 79 °F

    When we left Fort Stanton, it was in a downpour. Lightning, lots of rain, and road spray made the afternoon unpleasant, but we had to keep rolling. We finally made it to Madrid (pronounced MAD-rid) where the movie "Wild Hogs" ended and where Maggie's Diner still stands.

    We finally made it to the Santa Fe Harley dealership, but missed dinner (we really didn't miss much though). With all the storms, we were beat and split to our hotels from there.

    This morning was beautiful and clear as we headed from Santa Fe towards Taos. Since we have all been this way before, I tried to find a different route, but missed my turn. We came out just west of the Rio Grande Gorge and headed back east to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Angel Fire so Ben could grab his 50 Rides 1 Nation photo. We doubled back through Taos and stopped for lunch at Toribios, the same little Mexican cafe we stopped at on the Old Spanish Trail rally. Still great!!

    Then we headed back west over the Gorge again, past the Earthship Biotecture community, and into Carson National Forest, which is a beautiful, twisty, sweeping ride. (More info: EarthshipBiotecture.com)

    Again, because we've all been here before, we deviated from the rally route to head further west to Farmington, home to the Four Corners dealership, where we are now. Unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating, so we're debating whether or not to put on our rain gear again ☹️.

    So long [for now], and thanks for all the fish! ✌️

    Day 126 mileage: Oops (total 30084.0 + today)
    Read more