Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 129

    B2B Day 5 Rocky Mountain National Park

    July 26, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 73 °F

    After lunch, we continued making our way north, passing through Grand Mesa National Forest on our way to Glenwood Springs. After settling into our hotels, we met for a "historical" drink at Doc Holliday's Saloon, then an amazing dinner at the Riviera. Best of all, Ben, Lumpy, and I climbed up to Linwood Cemetery to visit ol' Doc.

    It was quite a climb, but the view of the city was exceptional from the top. No one is quite sure where Doc lies exactly, but there is a respectable marker and memorial deep among the old tombstones. The attached photo explains more.

    We awoke to a beautifully clear morning. We split up today, so Ben, Bob, and I left Glenwood Springs excited to be heading for Rocky Mountain National Park. The National Park system has implemented a new thing this year called Timed Entry. Our tickets were for 11:00 to 13:00, which meant we could only enter the park during that window. Therefore, we decided to do a picnic lunch in the park.

    We're noshing at the Holzwarth Historic Site not too far into the park from the Grand Lake entrance. Awesome day so far!!

    So long [for now], and thanks for all the fish! ✌️

    Day 128 mileage: Oops again (total 30084.0 + day before yesterday + yesterday + today)
    Read more