Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 131

    B2B Day 7

    July 28, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    Well, Ben and I hit all nine of the area HDs yesterday, plus the Garden of the Gods photo, and we were still able to pick up my bike and get to Thunder Mountain Harley in time for the rally dinner. Winning!

    The four of us plus three others we met last night met this morning and rode to the Cheyenne HD for coffee and doughnuts and to meet up with Lumpy. He's leading us today through his old stomping grounds.

    He took us through old downtown Cheyenne, then we stopped at Interstate 80's highest elevation point at Summit Rest Area, which also has a lot of information about I-80 "Lincoln Highway," a tribute to President Lincoln, a sign about the first person to cross America on a motorcycle, and more. What a really cool rest area that even has prairie dogs almost close enough to pet.

    Lumpy then took us on Snowy Range Scenic Byway through Medicine Bow National Forest. We stopped at Snowy Range Pass at an elevation of almost 11,000 feet. Beautiful but brrr 🥶.

    We've warmed up now that we're at a lower elevation, and we're stopped for gas in Saratoga, WY. What a great day, yet again.

    So long [for now], and thanks for all the fish! ✌️

    Day 130 mileage: 37.8* (total 31030.5)
    * I'm not counting the mileage I did as Ben's passenger yesterday.
    Read more