Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 133

    B2B Day 9 Glacier National Park

    30 Juli 2021, Amerika Serikat ⋅ ☀️ 73 °F

    This morning, Lumpy, Ben, and I picked up Bob at his hotel, then went back to Bozeman to meet Denny. The five of us are riding with Bill, the Rally Coordinator, and Chris, the Regional Manager, just in case Ben, Lumpy, and Bob can't get through the Going to the Sun checkpoint. They weren't able to get a Timed Entry ticket. If some of us get in and some don't, then no one has to ride alone today. I think it's a great plan.

    First, we stopped at the state capitol in Helena, which was quite pretty. Then it was onto the park via US Highway 89, a lonely, almost desolate stretch of road.

    When we got to the checkpoint, Bill and Chris went ahead of us five. I then pulled up to present my ticket. When the attendant asked if the others also had tickets, I said, "Yes, we're on a Harley rally together along with the two guys just ahead of us." He said okay and we were all allowed in 😁. Yay!!

    Off we all went, squiggling up steep, twisty turns and switchbacks to reach the Visitors Center at Logan Pass. Although not very high in elevation, it marks one spot along the western Continental Divide. The sign is Montana's 50 Rides 1 Nation location, and we're getting lots of photos for each other now. Another epic day!!!

    So long [for now], and thanks for all the fish! ✌️

    Day 132 mileage: 282.1 (total 31845.0)
    Baca selengkapnya