Satellite
Show on map
  • Galveston to Gulfport

    May 10, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    Another great day! I left the hotel at 06:00 to catch the free ferry from Galveston to Port Bolivar. I enjoyed watching the dolphins and birds trailing a fishing boat, then the clouds broke and the sun appeared gloriously. By 08:00, I was off the boat and at my first stop, the lighthouse. It was a beautiful morning.

    Not long after turning inland from the water, I was at my second stop, a huge fire hydrant in downtown Beaumont, TX. From there, after a quick photo at Cowboy H-D, it was I-10/I-12/I-10 straight to Gulfport. Most of the interstate is under construction and it seems.thete are even more trucks on -10 than on -20. But I made it to the hotel around 13:45. Not bad when I was aiming for 14:00 👍.

    While the valet driver that doesn't drive was helping me unload the bike in the parking lot--he was standing with a luggage cart while I handed him stuff--my friend Melissa arrived from Pensacola. Yay!

    For the past three hours, we have checked in, made ourselves familiar with the casino, partook of the free daiquiri bar, played a couple of slots, walked on the beach, found the pool that's under renovation, ate a small plate at the unlimited buffet, and partook of the free daiquiri bar again. Now, were tired and taking a nap.

    So long [for now], and thanks for all the fish! ✌️

    Day 60 mileage: 422.0 (total 15044.2)
    HD Dealerships: 1 (total 164)
    National Parks: 0 (total 31 in 16 states)
    10 Rides for 2022: 0 (total 4 of 10)
    MCGTTX Stops: 2 (total 23 of 50)
    Read more