Satellite
Show on map
  • Bay, Lakes & Mountains Rally Day 1

    August 16, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    Today was the first riding day of the Bay, Lakes, and Mountains HOG Touring Rally, and it was a good one. Five of us left Waldorf, Maryland, just after 07:00 this morning and took the toll bridge over Chesapeake Bay. The sunlight was stunning as we rode over the long metal bridge.

    We finally ditched the traffic as we rode into Delaware, where we stopped at the gate for the Air Mobility Command Museum on Dover Air Force Base for a couple of folks to get their 50 Rides, 1 Nation photos.

    We stopped at Old Swedes Church in Wilmington so I could get a National Park System passport stamp for Delaware...but it was closed 😭. Oh well.

    A quick bite at Arby's and several dealerships later, we arrived at our hotel in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, then had burgers and dogs at the host HD.

    At dinner, a lady asked me to take something to Texas for her, a little frog attached to a lily pad that is a scavenger hunt of sorts in remembrance of her grandson. Read his story here: https://christopherslilypadlegacy.weebly.com/ch….

    Now, I've filled my gas tank, picked up food for breakfast, taken my shower, and am in bed ready for tomorrow's ride to New York. Yippee!

    So long [for now], and thanks for all the fish! ✌️

    Today's mileage: 309.5 (total 9446.0 + 10552 Hoka Hey + 24568.7 pre-Hoka Hey)
    HD Dealerships: 5 (total I don't know)
    National Parks: 0 (total 54 in 33 states)
    10 Rides for 2022: 0 (total 8 of 10)
    MCGTTX Stops: 0 (total 23 of 50)
    Read more