Satellite
Show on map
  • Titisee, Black Forest, Germany

    February 11, 2008 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 6 °C

    A lake that frozen, less tourist, maybe wrong season, but because of that, it is less people, and enjoy the walking and wandering on the street. Have a silent and peaceful time on the lake.

    In here taste out the original Black Forest cake and Germany famous cuisine Schweinshaxe (German Pork Knuckle). Saw the famous Black Forest cuckoo clock making process tour in the specialty store over here as well. Actually the shopping street that we walk almost all selling it too. It is local specialty product.

    Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte (Black Forest Cake) Black Forest Cake is perhaps Germany’s most well-known and most-loved cake. It consists of a chocolate cake with a filling of fresh cream and cherries soaked in Kirschwasser, a clear cherry schnapps that is a specialty of the Black Forest. The cake is decorated with cream, chocolate shavings and cherries. While this cake bears the name of the area of Germany known as the Black Forest, a pastry chef from Bad Godesberg, near Bonn, claims to have invented it in 1915. He was originally from Lake Constance, which is in the Black Forest, so that’s possibly why he named it Black Forest Cake.

    Black Forest I think also well know as the story background for the snow Wife and the Seven drawf story.
    Read more