Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 5 on the Camino

    June 5, 2019 in Spain ⋅ 🌧 10 °C

    A cooler day, and one of two thirds and a third... For the first 22km today it was raining 🌧 and then the clouds cleared for the sun to come out, though still cooler with a breeze.
    We had breakfast in the hostel and left just before 8am (late for pellegrinos). Waterproofs on, heads down and marching to a typical trudge to get going. The carrot 🥕 this morning was the Fountain of Wine. 4km in. Water bottles filled, we continued walking slowly up for a further 5km. Out into open fields of barley and wheat (with poppies dotted along the way). Olive, fig and vines starting to be more common in the landscape. Even in the rain we are greeted with the chorus of singing birds we have become accustomed to as we walk. The path is softer from the rain and crunches as we go. We have a long stint in the middle of the day between towns, 13km and the want and need to see houses grows. Our feet are sore, the Blister Boys are improving but still have pains. Lis Arcos is a welcome sight - and we rest for lunch. We push on a further 8km to Torres del Rio - perched in the hills in front of us. We arrive just before 4, too late to wash the clothes we settle into our own 4 berth room. A chance to nap after a shower, or natter with fellow pilgrims before dinner and bed.
    Tomorrow we push on through Logrono, still a few km behind plan - but knowing we will make it up in the next week all being well.
    Read more