Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Day 26 Camino part II

    June 26, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    A double bed!! Whoop 🙌.
    Clean and rested we get ready to see the city. Tracey said she was de pilgriming, being able to wear normal clothes again and makeup.
    Not having I walk around with the rucksack makes a big difference too. I get my obligatory (been there,seen that, got the...) tee shirt.
    The sun comes out for the afternoon, temperature rises and we have a nice time wondering seeing all the sights, hearing all the sounds of this busy city.
    The cathedral is undergoing renovations and there’s no pilgrim mass inside. We go in to view what we can, and to light a candle for Jasmine.
    It’s evening now, and the city is livening up, people out to socialise and dine. We head for the Paradore hotel, slipping past a sign keeping tour groups out we head to the bar and enjoy a glass of cold crisp cava. (In the same table and chairs from four years ago). But for that extra treat, we head for that extra treat - dinner down in the vaulted restaurant. The tasting menu, with accompanying wine; and they even made a vegetarian version for Tracey. Wow, what a treat it was. The food was divine, and the wines too.
    Only one more thing to do, sleep 💤
    Read more