Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Sukhothai - Northern Zone

    January 27, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Amongst others, Wat Si Chum was the main temple that we visited today which is also one of the most popular due to its grandeur and impact when you enter the inside from what is a very plain and dull exterior. That said, we only saw about 6 other people there!
    We decided to explore further afield on the bikes in the afternoon going for a ride along very quite roads and tracks through farmland and small villages. All the people we came across were very smiley and friendly, and quite surprised to see us. Wish we could say the same for some the dogs we met and the birds that swooped us as we must have got too close to their nest in the paddy fields! Not sure the bikes were really made for some of the tracks we found ourselves on but they are still in one piece so will do it all again tomorrow. They don't serve the best food in this town, which is a surprise and disappointing since Thai food is some of the best you can buy anywhere in the world. However, they have great fruit so have been enjoying their grapefruits which are huge and pineapple, both dipped in a salt/sugar/chilli mix. We also found a great selection of sweets at a small village shop to keep us going...
    Read more